Oral sex may be linked to some head and neck cancers

important to be aware - oral sex is being linked to certain cancers:

"There's a worrisome uptick in the incidence of certain head and neck cancers among middle-aged and even younger Americans, and some experts link the trend to a rise in the popularity of oral sex over the past few decades.

That's because the human papillomavirus (HPV) is a major trigger for these cancers, and HPV can be transmitted through this type of sexual activity.

"It seems like a pretty good link that more sexual activity, particularly oral sex, is associated with increased HPV infection," said Dr. Greg Hartig, professor of otolaryngology--head and neck surgery at the University of Wisconsin School of Medicine and Public Health in Madison."

read more here: http://www.fox4now.com/Global/story.asp?S=13903163

I saw a television programme about that before. Its shocking to think that oral sex can actually cause HPV.

A

They are actually suggesting both boys and girls get vaccinated against this when they are in their teens. At least the last time I took my boys in that is what I was told.

I heard in England, there were only giving the vaccines to girls...which I think is crazy because supposenly boys are the most at risk. Sure here in Ireland they didn't even give the vaccine in schools at all.