Our bodies are our TEMPLES

I was googling ran across this phrase (that our bodies are our temples) and was reminded this was part of a sermon I heard several years ago.

We should really re-remind ourselves that we are only given one body - many people would probably LOVE to have our bodies (i.e. those with uncurable diseases, those who are handicapped, those who are missing limbs, etc.).

I don't want to get uber religious or overly depressing on those who have it worse than us but perhaps it can be used as motivation to KEEP our bodies healthy!?!

Think of how good you feel when you DON'T b/p!!

Hope this is helpful for someone...

cheers,
caroline

this is awesome and sooo true! for sure! this is a great post and thanks for that and our bodies are our temples and we should be proud of them always, and not destroy our god given temple....and dont fear speaking your mind, about releigion, that isnt looked down upon here....

when i think of hurting myself i think the same thing--this body is a gift and why destroy a gift? a gift that should be treated with love and respect not torture and punishment... our bodies are special and we should cherish our health and not want sickness or a sickly look.

we should be proud of our health and htat life canbe worth like you said with cancer of life threatening diseases...so why kill ourselves off--what for?

love
maureen

I loved this post so much! This is something I'm really trying to believe! Like after having done this to myself for 2.5 years, I'm wondering, how much damage have I done to this ONE body that I will have for the rest of my life? It makes me want to start living really well to protect it! :)

Thanks for the reminder to everyone. Since you opened the door for me I will share my personal story of self-mutilation and consequences. When I was about 13 or 14 years old, I had know way to escape the pain and fear I was leaving in. I remember taking part of a broke, glass Pepsi bottle in the smoking area at school, and carving into my arm until the dull glas finally broke skin good and I saw blood. It seemed like that released some off the pressure from inside, or bleeding made me realize what I was living in was REAL, not a dream! Everyone else, or so it seemed, had a normal life going on. I spent all day at school, watching the clock, to RUN home, to slowly go to the door at home and knock... I couldn't wait all day to get there, but was scared to death to knock on the door. I was scared she, my mom, wouldn't come. She'd be dead. Everyday I sat in school worrying if my mom was taking her life, while I was reading "Romeo & Juliet". I learned to cut myself at school, while I worried about my mother, then it continued and became a comfort. Now, 40, I have outgrown the self-mutilation, but not the pain inside. I now have skin ulcers on my arms, where I have previous mutilation scars. I am reminded frequently, and scarred badly, to where it now effects my everyday life. The doctors and I have the ulcers healed up, for now, but nothing can be done about the scars and they are very visible. I have a lower self-esteem because they are always there and when open sores are there, it's very painful.
So women, watch the tanning and sun. Put moisturizer on your face. Getting lotion rubbed on you, don't feel too bad, either. Lol... no offense. Thanks for allowing me to share.