Overcoming the emotional devastation

I'm looking for any tips on how to overcome the emotioanl devastation of just finding out I have herpes.

Hey sweetie,
It's ok I am so sorry to hear about this. I have a friend who also caught this virus. She was so upset at first. But please stay calm, I am sure you are angry about it, and that's ok. But sweetie although it isn't 100% curable it is very treatable.

She went in for a few courses of treatment. And now she rarely has any bother with it. It only returns if she ill with the flu or something like that.

I am unsure has to how contractable they are to be honest and do they have to be present in order to be passed on to a partner or just having the virus itself. I know there can be some internally too, so make sure to always have protected sex.

And please hun you are ok, once you get treatment it will have very little effect on your life. It is the initial shock of it I know.

And if you feel comfortable let your partner know that they are passing this around and not making people aware before they decide to engage in sexual contact, it is not fair and they have put your emotional and physical health at risk.

I know it's hard now to see the bigger picture now as this has come as a shock but you will get past this hun. Make sure to get treated by your doctor and have as much info as possible about it.
And keep coming here for support, we are all behind you hun and understand your anger and devastation...but it does improve hun.

Loads of love to you
Moongal x

Thank you for your kind words. Its all just hitting me so hard right now. I'm sure it will get better, it's going to take time. Thank you for your support! :)

Hey RS,
Don't worry girl, I understand. She was very too and understandably so, but once she got treatment it got much better.

Keep coming here for support hun, we are all here for you. You should be very proud of yourself for going to the doctor and getting checked out as many don't do that.

Loads of Love to you
Moongal x

Everyone feels pretty devastated when they first find out they have herpes but with time it gets easier.

It's so common but not talked about so you don't realise how may people really do have it.

With time symptoms generally lessen in severity and frequency and you can treat it with antivirals to reduce the effects and reduce the chance of passing it on.

Try to find a local support group or an online group so you can chat with others in the same boat.

I run a couple of groups myself, including the Living Sphere Community site - a private social network for people with herpes: http://www.livingspherecommunity.com

Thank you JeannieMay, I've been trying to find an online support group where I can talk to people directly. Thank you! I will definitely be checking this site out! :)

Hey Red,
I'm sure you're devastated. I have a friend who confided in me when she got herpes. Although it sucks, the last thing you should do is dwell and be upset with youself, you got it, now what? Find ways to treat it and make the most of living your life. After my friend accepted the fact that she had it, she was very pro active at taking care of herself and now it isn't even a topic we discuss. It's one of those things, it is what it is... I'm sorry this happen to you. Thanks so much for sharing, that could not have been easy. We are all here to support you!

xo, July