Peanut allergy

Hi, i have a severe peanut allergy and i’m so scared because i don’t know what will happen when i eat one accidentally, i know how to use my epipen but i know i could die if i eat a lot of peanuts. I’m anxious mainly because i don’t know what i would do and whether i would need to use my epipen or not and i don’t feel that i can talk to anyone about this. What should i do?

If you have a severe peanut allergy it can be a very small amount of one peanut to cause a reaction. I know you are scared, but you should really know exactly how allergic you are, do you see an allergist? Also, have you ever considered desensitization therapy to help you get to a point where you aren’t deathly allergic? You need to be very careful and look at all labels, eating out, you need to know if what you are eating is made in a nut free kitchen or designated nut free space. -SG

1 Heart

i know how allergic i am, i know that even if i eat the tiniest amount it would trigger me but i was always told i always need to use my epipen but i know someone who had a reaction then didn’t use it and it went away after 20 minutes, so now i’m not sure if i always need to use it. my parents are looking into the desensitisation therapy however it was quite expansive so i’m not sure whether we’re going to go through with it. i’m quite good at looking at labels for everything and asking whether it’s a nut free kitchen. thank you for your help :smiling_face: