Quotes For Today

Friendship is like a bank account. You can't continue to draw on it without making deposits. --Cited in The Best of BITS & PIECES

"Sometimes the most important thing in a whole day is the rest we take between two deep breaths, or the turning inwards in prayer for five short minutes." --Etty Hillesum

You take people as far as they will go, not as far as you would like them to go. --Jeanette Rankin

"There are no mistakes. The events we bring upon ourselves, no matter how unpleasant, are necessary in order to learn what we need to learn; whatever steps we take, they're necessary to reach the places we've chosen to go." --Richard Bach

Don't mess up an amends with an excuse. --unknown

S T E P S = Solutions To Every Problem in Sobriety.

"Spirituality is an individual matter. I can tell you what it means to me, but it might be different for you."
--Jake T.

You get the best effort from others not by lighting a fire beneath them, but by building a fire within. Bob Nelson

Along our spiritual journey, every one of us is thrust into the desert. We find ourselves in a relationship wasteland or financially barren. We feel lost and abandoned, but it is during this time in the desert that God grows our souls. Mary Manin Morrissey

There are two kinds of people in the world: those who make excuses and those who get results. An excuse person will find any excuse for why a job was not done, and a results person will find any reason why it can be done. Be a creator, not a reactor. Alan Cohen, A Deep Breath Of Life

F E A R = Face Everything And Recover

A sponsor is a person who knows the words to the song in your heart and is able to sing them back to you when you have forgotten those words.

The quality of your recovery is proportional to the quality of your surrender.

Being an addict does not give me permission to act like an addict.

The Power behind me is greater than the problem in front of me.

Two birds - a vulture and a hummingbird - fly over the California desert. One sees a rotting carcass; the other, a fragrant flower. Each sees what it looks for! Robert Schuller

When one door of happiness closes, another opens; but often we look so long at the closed door that we do not see the one which has been opened for us. Helen Keller

Always enjoy reading your posts. Food for thoughts. Thank you again. God bless you.