Running did the trick yet again

I was feeling quite overwhelmed yet again today; it just built up more and more as the day progressed. My stress and anxiety was starting to wear me down. I picked myself up 45 minutes ago and went for a hard run, where I really challenged and pushed myself all while listening to really peppy music.

The stress and anxiety melted away! I can't recommend getting out there and doing any form of exercise to relieve your stress and anxiety.

I love to walk and feel the cool morning breeze on my skin. It starts my day on a postive note and centers my mind so I am stronger to take care of the things I need to do. I am proud of you.... sounds like a fantastic run!!! Keep up the great work!!

Good for you on doing something about your stress. Though I am not a runner, I do love walking. I find walking very relaxing. It also makes me feel close to nature and God when doing so. I hope today is better for you. Have a great weekend! ((((hugs))))

Actually, running and other forms of strenuous exercise release neurotransmitters in your brain. These chemicals are AWESOME for relieving depression, stress and many other maladies that afflict us. Also, the exercise helps to promote brain function and helps the body reject disease.

So, what you did was really an AWESOME thing. And, the best part about what you did was it didn't involve a foreign substance in your body. You are that much healthier!!!

Please continue to share these types of experiences. Hearing you and the others talk about doing this will inspire others .... including me. :)

Thank you all so much! I am so happy to hear that you both love walking Bluemirage and Bluidkiti, that's really so fantastic. I believe that everyone has something that works for them and that's the key; finding what really helps you to alleviate stress in a good positive way. I love walking but running does something so special and so different. It's almost like I get two completely different results from walking and running. Both are really great, but the walking allows me to center myself, come to peace, enjoy nature. Running gives me a natural high on life, it gets rid of stress and anxiety completely. It's pretty amazing!

LuvsHeadMeds you are a total Super Star; love all of the information that you provided and really made me feel that much better about what I'm doing. Thank you as always for all of your support!

I am thinking about trying Zumba. There was apresentation last night for it and it looked like so much fun. I am not a dancer, and have limited rhythm, but it looked like so much fun. I will let you know what happens...

Amy, that sounds like so much fun and I can imagine that it's a fantastic work-out. I would love to know how you like it, I'm always up for trying new things.

You rock, girlfriend! You are helping me have the encouragement that I need to keep going.

Thanx a bunch!

That's so so fantastic Poppys Mom! I am so thrilled that you are keeping it going. That's what we are all here for, to support one another and to encourage one another to keep moving in the right direction.