Saying hello

Hi everyone, I'm new here. Ive been reading some of your post and I am very hopeful in seeing so many people helping each other out. I have a problem with drinking. I can stop for about a week but then go right back to it. When I start getting drunk it usually leads to doing some cocaine. I don't want to keep doing this. I know it is bad for me and I could lose my job. Every time I wake up the day after one of these nights I tell myself it is the last time, but it never is. I am blind to the many snares and manipulates of this world when I need to be vigilant and on guard. My family needs me and this time I'm going to try something different. I will open with my problem and will gladly accept any support you guys are willing to give. I will return the favor the best I can. Thanks for listening, God bless. Day 1 in the books.

Hi Gaiden,

Welcome, I completely understand what you are going through. I'm currently experiecing it very similar to you. I know it's hard and it will take some time to make these changes. Do you feel you are trying to block things out so they don't hurt or upset you as much??

Always here if you need to chat :)

Take care

Hey Jai, thanks for replying. Its nice to have someone to talk to that knows what I am going through. To tell you the truth I dont know why I do it. I have a good life, but I started drinking when I was 18 and everything started to revolve around it. It didnt matter if it was a holiday, a birthday, a cookout, a vacation, a weekend, or whatever we where always drinking. The cocaine came in later as I got older. Around 28. I dont feel that I have become dependent on it, but anytime I feel like blowing off steam it always ends up the same way. I drink a little thinking Im in control, but as I lose my inhibitions with the drink, cocaine comes creeping in to my thoughts. I need to quit fooling myself, thinking I can do one without the other. Thats my story. If you dont mind I would like to hear yours and offer my support. Im 32 now and raising a six year old girl. Life is a real roller coaster. Thanks again, Gaiden