Scars..lookin to get rid of them!

WELL BACK IN JAN I HAD A ACCIDENT..PUT MY HAND THROUGH A WINDOW..I LOST ALOT OF BLOOD AND ALMOST DIED..I WAS SENT TO THE ER TO HAVE SURGERY RITE AWAY..I WAS LEFT WITH A HUGE SCAR ON MY RITE LEG AND ONE ON MY RITE ARM..DOCTORS HAD TO TAKE A VAIN FROM MY RITE LEG TO PUT IN MY ARM CAUSE I CUTTED MY VAIN WHEN I PUT MY HAND THROUGH THE WINDOW..SO IM LOOKING FOR A "MIRACLE" CREAM TO TAKE THESE SCARS AWAY! I HATE NOT BEIN ABLE TO WEAR SKIRTS AND DRESSES..ANYONE HAVE ANY SUGGESTIONS? KNOW OF ANY GREAT CREAMS! HOME REMIDIES OR STORE BOUGHT? THANK YOU!

I do not know any special magic cream but what I do know is...Who says you cant wear shorts or a dress? Your scars repersent a miricale you are blessed to still have your life. Embrace your marks, be confident! I am sure that no one will even reconize the scars especially if they see your confidence and personality shine! Know you are beautiful and just embrace who you are!

AWWW THANKS SO MUCH FOR YOUR KINDWORDS! YOU ARE RITE ABOUT THAT! MY MOM ALWAYZ TELLS ME THAT ALOT AND I TRY TO LISTEN TO HER ADVICE..I ACTUALLY DID THAT THE OTHER DAY..WEAR A SKIRT WHEN I WENT OUT..I NORMALLY DONT CARE WHAT PEOPLE THINK..ITS JUST THAT I HAVE NICE LEGS AND THAT SCAR THING MADE IT BAD LOL BUT YEA THANKS FOR THE KIND WORDS! ILL DEFF START DOING THAT! :)

That's so great! I am so glad you did that, your mom is a wise woman! I think your gorgeous, and I am glad you are starting to think that....I dont even have to see that scar to say that, I know my opinion would not change! A scar does not define you, its what is on the inside that does! :)

I've heard Mederma is good and they sell it in pharmacies also cocobutter I know some people use that for stretchmark scars and other scras...maybe go to a dermatologist and ask them? sometimes there are laser treatments for scars that can help lessen the appearance and you can't see it as much and from a little furthur away can't even notice. Did the doctors give you anything? why did you put your hand through a window?

dont know about a miracle cream, doubt there is one. but having scars allover my body i found 'Bio Oil' very helpful as well as a highly concentrated pure vitamin E oil.
main thing is, let it heal, and let yourself heal from the inside! your stora really IS a miracle and ultimately you can eb proud of your body and mind for what it has done to keep you alive! embrace it! you really are gorgeous and thes scars only make youmore special!

love
maedi

go get vitamin E pills and break them open...they are more potent than the oil or anything else out there. my baby mamma has no stretch marks...just sayin.

I have to agree here, with Dollarc2009, about wearing things. Why not? Unless these scars are brutal, even for men, I wouldn't hide or suffer by not wearing clothing I liked. A bullet wound is usually different, as they are brutal, but small cuts and things are nothing, if not totally missed. Plus, if you have the body, most people will never notice.

I did the same thing, basically. Run my right hand through an old screen door window, reaching for the latch. Simply beautiful, let me tell you. Going through, I sliced up nicely, and was stuck with my hand through the glass, "locked in." Coming back out would have been worse, but I just broke it out, then dug the glass out. But, somehow, I missed all the veins. Scars are all that I had to deal with, seriously. I cleaned it out and taped it up, like the beasty I am.

Now, I'm NOT a doctor, OK? Nothing I know may work on the scars, but it won't hurt to try. How old are they? I would make sure they're healed very well before trying anything to hide them. The scars are just tissue that has reformed, tougher, for a reason. After they, and you, age some, it should be safe to try and "hide" them. Though, honestly, if you're young they may fade anyway. Time heals all wounds, you know.

Try some Cocoa Butter. Apply it to the scars and see, if in time, they fade some. As an archer, I used it a lot on my bow strings. Since I had more than a few scars on my hands, I noticed that the butter helped them fade some.

Also, if you watch late night TV, like Adult Swim, they advertise some cream for women who have stretch marks. This is, basically, the same shade as a scar. While different, being from expanded skin returning to normal after pregnancy, this MAY help some. Of course, not having tried it, it may be a scam like most of the cosmetic junk they sell to women so they can become the "perfect model woman" when they're fine the way they are (to any real man or woman).

If you like, I can dig around and see if I have any odd herbal info that may help. Though, it may be illegal (depending on your local laws) to make any creams or lotions from herbs. Drug laws, you know. :(

There some camouflage water proof make ups online, they go on liek a cream/ foundation