Scientists Confirm Common Sense Approach to Eating is Best

This is a very interesting and insightful article on common sense healthy eating habits based on scientists studies from an international committee;

"Boston, MA (PRWEB) November 3, 2010

An international committee of scientists and food authorities today released a Scientific Consensus Statement concluding that eating a variety of healthy carbohydrates, fats and proteins tailored to individual preferences and lifestyle is essential. They also confirmed that healthy carbohydrate foods, like pasta meals, do not cause obesity, and made the recommendation that doctors, nutritionists and other health professionals should suggest varied and balanced pasta meals to their patients for good health.

This was the outcome of The Scientific Consensus Conference on the Healthy Pasta Meal, a two-day scientific conference organized by the non-profit Oldways and the International Pasta Organisation (IPO), as part of the IV World Pasta Congress, October 25-26, 2010, in Rio de Janeiro, Brazil...."

Read more: http://www.sfgate.com/cgi-bin/article.cgi?f=/g/a/2010/11/03/prwebprweb4736734.DTL#ixzz14MjnvHHB

Source: San Francisco Chronicle, 11/3/10

i feel like this is such common sense yet everyone wants a crazy diet to fix them. glad that scientists figured it out.

I know! I think that we need reminders of how if we all eat in this fashion then we wouldn't need to go on crazy diets to shed weight. It's all about finding balance between healthy eating and exercise.

Pasta is a RS (resistant startch) so naturally it WILL make you feel fuller longer!

So true Gina, very good point!