Singlehood and Relationship

Hi…I’m new here.
I’m a 29yrs old lady and I’ve never dated before. It’s not like I don’t want to date but rather I’ve not had any single man show interest in me before. The only ones that show interest in me are married men and even that they’re just interested in me for sex.
I used to approach the guys I felt attracted to but they end up turning me down. And now if not all most of my friends are getting married now and it makes me feel like I’m missing out in life. And aside that I sometimes feel like I want this kind of intimacy with someone I can call my man which I don’t have and that mostly leaves me feeling lonely, isolated, frustrated and insecure.
I am trying to engage and develop myself so that I don’t focus on it too much but it’s not working so I don’t know what to do. Please any advise?

1 Heart

Finding a good person is hard in today’s world, it is just hard to meet people organically period. Consider dating apps, there are so many so it is easyish to find one that kind of fits your needs. Also, look into singles events in your area or ask friends to set you up. There is always the matchmaker route, yes, they do exist. Being single doesn’t mean you are missing out on life unless you feel you are, don’t succumb to what others around you are doing, do what feels right for you.

So glad you are here and that we can support you during this time. -SG

1 Heart

One thing that helped me was legit giving up and knowing i want in a partner, i wanted someone funny, smart, caring, that shared some interests with me.i feel like i found someone after i gave up looking for it, tho i always feel like i was searching. I dont suggest dating apps cuz i got tired of them and people are annoying. You said its not working, what exatcly is not working? I understand the frustration you feel, seeing your friends getting married but have you thought if that is what you want? And why you want it? We live in a world where is normal to be alone, no matter the age. I know its hard and i can say that i havent learned to live with myself that much before finding a lover and its even worse now bc when we are not together i feel a bit lost, but anyway, i hope i helped somehow, im confusing

1 Heart