So, a long time ago (in a galaxy far far away...) I realized

So, a long time ago (in a galaxy far far away...) I realized that being a girl wasn't for me. I thought it was a normal phase thing, puberty or whatever, until I started looking at males and actually feeling jealous of them, just for being male. I believe it is called transsexual, but I'm not sure. Anyways, my entire family are Mormons (this is when you go "well crap, she's screwed!") and I'm terrified to come out to them. They get angry whenever I even mention the LGBT community. I know I need to tell them eventually. I've already suffered through depression, and everything that comes with it, including a year in inpatient facilities. I'm so scared that they will kick me out just because I feel more masculine than feminine. Is there any advice anyone can give me?

3 Hearts

Be true to yourself. Always! And no matter what they tell you, you have done nothing wrong. The scary thing is waking up when you're old, realising you've been living someone else's life. I believe in you!

2 Hearts

The problem is with being myself here, I may get kicked out. I'm only sixteen. I don't have any other place to go, no shelters or anything in a town of 242 people. But thank you for your support, it means a lot :)

1 Heart

@LKcierra You can look at it from another perspective. The residents of your small town likely lives very secluded and the beliefs of your town are deeply rooted. So you need to realise that if they get angry at you for coming out, they’re only doing what they’ve been taught. They don’t know any better. But keep in mind that it’s not an excuse to act like an idiot. Try to stay out of trouble, but never let anyone blatantly walk over you. You are just as worthy of being happy as everyone else on the entire plane, and don’t let them tell you otherwise. The key is to find a balance, at least until you can move out.

Worse comes to worse you can go to a women's shelter in the closest city. Be you.

1 Heart

Alright. Thank you so much it means a great deal to me to have this support :)

1 Heart

Do you have a relative you can stay with just in case? Because you don't want to get kicked out not saying this will happen it is just what I have witnessed firsthand with others before. I don't want to scare you I just want to make sure you are safe. I think you should be honest with them about this and try not to get angry realize that they will probably push back but its because they love you and they think they are doing what is right for their child. Not saying they will I don't know them but if they end up not ok with this and try to kick you out or something like that. Remember that sometimes its hard to understand why people are doing these things when they are supposed to love you. it's their way of showing you that what you are doing to them is wrong... even if we know it truly isn't wrong they are just acting on their own beliefs. I hope they are caring and understanding. It took me a little bit to fully get a good thing to say about this. I will always be here for you when you need someone. I honestly hope the best for you It sucks we have to deal with these things being different. My mom was ok with it but a little uncomfortable when I told her I was bisexual It was after I was married the first thing she told me was but you are married to a man. I said mom I could have been with a woman it doesn't change how I feel just because I am married to a man. If you feel like you can wait until after you are 18 you could do that as well. You don't have to tell them right away I mean it doesn't change who you are. ^_^