So Afraid

Today has not been a good day. I have been feeling sick to my stomach and extremely sad about the thought of having to remarry and have children with someone else....I am currently separated and my husband says he wants a divorce. I married him because he was the one I wanted to be with forever and have kids with. I don't want to do that with anyone else. How do other people deal with these thoughts?

Hi Sarafina, I am so sorry for what you are going through and for how you are feeling. Is there any possible chance to reconcile and make this marriage work? Have you tried marriage counseling? Please know that we are here for you.

I have been going to counseling for the past two months. I have asked my husband to go but he doesn't want to, even though it's FREE, since we are going to school. It's extremely frustrating. The papers haven't been filed so I still have HOPE.

I feel your pain, i'm sperated three weeks today, I feel dead inside..i try to be strong, but when i'm alone, i feel so sad. I feel numb and emotionles...

I'm realy sorry to hear that Sarafina, The only way to deal with it. Is to go through it. I know it's hard, My divorce was the most difficult thing I ever went through. It takes time to heal pain. You'll have bad days and some days better than others, but i promise you in time you will have a whole bunch more of those good days and you'll be able to smile more.

I know how you are feeling, I have been seperated for almost 9 months now. We are getting a divorce, I am just hoping he will pay for it, so I dont have to pay for that too on top of everything he left me with. Even though you married him knowing he was the one, would you honestly want to be with someone who doesnt love you back enough? Why do we allow oursleve to want someone who doesnt want us back. I have done it, you have done it, we have all done it at some point in our lives. Today would of been our 3 year wedding anniversary. :( It hurts me to know that he didnt love me enough to be faithful to me, But I have to believe that there is someone out there who loves as much as I will love them. We just have to take one day at a time, it is what it is, you know. We cant make these guys love us. You just have to learn how to step back and let yourselves heal. I am doing that everyday, especially today.
Stay strong everyone!

It's so hard. Especially today when I woke up sad and feeling like my whole body, mind and heart ache for him. I miss him and all it would take for me to feel happy is for him to say okay lets work on this marriage. I wish he would at least try and go to counseling. Instead of just divorcing!

I know how you ache to want him to say that it will be okay. I have been there. but after sometimes, I have decided that it can never be as it used to be. the betrayal was too big. the missing will go away. you are a strong and beautiful person and you will get through this.l I had to learn that nobody is allowed to make a person feel like this, you are your own person and happiness is out there, you need to allow yourself to see it, after all you deserve it!

From Romantic Relationships to Divorce & Separation