So, here is my issue. I am a 51 year old single, gay man, w

So, here is my issue. I am a 51 year old single, gay man, who, as the result of my colorectal cancer, has been left sterile and impotent. Finding love seems pretty dim. I have been on a few dates, but they never went anywhere. One was looking promising, but then there was an unfortunate bag accident and that was that. I have tried to remain social, but there have been a few embarrassing gaseous episode - formal dinner party, thanksgiving dinner, etc. The result is that I withdrawing from everything. This results in me being lonely and depressed. I make it through 8 hours of work each day, but the nights and weekends are empty. I embrace my situation and accept my reality, but I have a hard time not being perfect. I am that broken toy at the Second Hand Store collecting dust in the corner. About the time I work up the courage and strength to venture out and be vulnerable, then I suffer a blowout and a severe does of reality sets in and I withdraw back to the safety/security of my house. The dogs do not mind...generally, and I just cry on the inside.

I just wanted to say hello and welcome! I think this must be a lot to deal with, you are healthy and cured, but left with a very real side effect. I hope being on here give you hope and friendship.

1 Heart

@CKBlossom Thank you. Every word like every step forward is welcome and appreciated.