Sorry so long....I have forgiven my husband and we are tryin

Sorry so long....I have forgiven my husband and we are trying very hard to work through everything. He has been very open and honest with me lately but today he's different. And I have to admit that it's felt too good to be true and I've been worried that something was going to happen...and then today his whole attitude changed and he's been disappearing to the basement randomly for 15 to 20 minutes at a time and he swears it's nothing... And then I caught him texting under the table...he acted like he dropped something and was texting when I looked down to see why he was there so long... He said he had been talking to his friend Brian but then why hide it? He said he would show me his phone if I wanted to see it but I'm scared...am I overreacting.

2 Hearts

I would absolutely ask to see it before he has a chance to delete it. And, make sure there's a convo with Brian there.

@whyOwhy And make sure Brian is not a fake name for Suzy or something in his address book.

You're not overreacting at all. He should be an open book.

1 Heart

Look at the phone. That is the only way to get the truth that you need. If you feel something is off, then it is. Peace of mind is priceless.

1 Heart

Thanks guys. I'm just worried about finding something that I don't want to find... I'm in such an emotional state being 31 weeks pregnant...

1 Heart

@DevastatedFirewife It’s so hard. Just yesterday I had to ask my wife about a text and she didn’t like it. Being mistrusted is painful but in order to rebuild they have the work to do.

He should be very open to build your trust. You are married. You have a right to his disclosure. He has hurt you in the past. He needs to do this to ease your fears. Staying in denial is dangerous. You need to have peace. Sending you strength. Xx

2 Hearts

No you are trying to rebuild trust but need him to be completely open. That type of behaviour triggers a lot of worries and emotions. Hopefully he will be open with you are not stuck in the hyper vigilant state of mind for too long.

From Romantic Relationships to Cheating & Infidelity