Struggling Paramedic

Hello all,
I am new to the online support community. I have always felt like I could always fix anything that life has thrown my way. Except this. Looking for any tips/advice you have. I have been off of work for 6 months due to losing nerve function in both of my arms at the same time. I was lucky enough to have insurance, but had to pay the entire cost for both my husband and myself (which was almost all of the money I was paid on disability). I have thousands of dollars of unpaid medical bills and with my husband getting laid off we are on the verge of being absolutely penniless. I mean we have literally emptied out the piggy bank I keep for my niece and we have turned in the loose change we have to buy medication. I have deferred all of my bills as long as I can. I have no credit available to me. I don't have the money to file for bankruptcy (go figure, it costs over a thousand dollars to let people know you have no money!) Anyway, if you have any advice I am listening! Also, I have tried to make a website to do my own "personal fundraiser", but I don't really know a lot about computers and don't know how to go about getting this page even seen by people that may be able to help out. I have no dignity left anyway. If you know a place where I could get people to even see this site, can you let me know? Thanks so much! http://web.me.com/strugglingmedic/Site/A_Paramedics_Struggle.html

Sounds like you've crossed the T's & dotted the I's. Can you babysit or take in roommates? Check in on elderly people in your neighborhood for a fee???? Walk dogs????

If your feeling better physically, cleaning houses can be helpful if need be.

I really feel for you & have you checked out the unemployment site here, there are other alternatives that may be of the assistance.

April

Great ideas for sure, but no baby sitting or dog walking as I can't lift and I still can't walk my own medium size dogs as they pull to hard and I can't maintain a grip on the leash. Perhaps cleaning houses could work. I didn't see the unemployment section, but I will definitely check it out.....thanks!

I was checking out roommates & even that is difficult, I had to do that 26yrs. ago just to keep things going & would prefer not to go back to it but we know how that goes.... & I dont have my career any longer so I understand what your feelings may be.... can be scarey.