Sweating!

Hi all,

I have been off of pain killers for about a month and am still sweating profusely! Does anyone know how long this might last? I was on them for over five years. My sleeping is just starting to get better but this sweating is embarrassing!

Thanks!
Jess

hey jess, good to hear your still off the meds. i would check with your doc first but could you be experiencing the effects of menapause.....don't bop me on the head as i don't know how old you are and this is a side effect of that....plus it really could be the remaining withdrawls don't know....you were on them a long time. but my vote is to call the doc...lets see what others have to say have a good day hun

Hi Kathy,
I won't bop you in the head but you scared me into rushing to the doc. Lol. Just kidding. I am certainly going to make an appt though. I am not at menopause age...although I know there are conditions that make you go into it early.

I did a little research and it seems that you can be less concerned if you had it as a teenager...which I did. Also zoloft can cause it. Either way I am making an appt.

Thanks for your opinion. I'll post next week when I find out what it is.

Jess

hehe your just to cool jes…please do let me know how ya make out with your appointment.

I had my appt and they are doing blood work. I find out on Friday the results. She thought it seemed like a long time to be sweating too. In the meantime, they actually make a topical med for profuse sweaters. Lol. Trying it tonight.

Jess

Hi Kathy!

Bloodwork looks good! I used the topical medication and it is FANTASTIC!!! I only used it one night so far and I have seen so much improvement I cannot believe it!

Jess

Hi Jess. I wrote to you before but just saw this thread..the sweating is unfortunately NORMAL. I couldn't believe it either but i have a friend that went through it and it took a long time for this symptom to stop however it was not there all the time and got less and less. I wonder if you have access to clonidine. It is a non-addictive mild blood pressure medication and really helps the sweating!!! If I have a really bad hot flash, i take 0.1mg pill or half of one and within 20 minutes, it has subsided a lot and lasts 6 hours at least. It can make you dizzy so be careful if you decide to try it. I work in a professional office and have to take it to get through the day...it has been a lifesaver.

Talk soon,

OC

Hello, I love reading your blog. click here It is really very impressive. I want to leave a comment in your support. Carry on with good continuation. Best of luck for your blogging efforts.

Professional addict here: Sweating goes on for 5=10 days after metabolizatiuon. Good luck