That old feeling is back. My trauma was back in 1991, ages a

That old feeling is back. My trauma was back in 1991, ages ago, and after years of struggle life has been very good. As you have heard on the news we had a mass shooting here in San Bernardino. My husband is an employee of the county and knew one of the victims. His job requires he involve himself with much of the after effect of the shooting on its victims and the county. Needless to say it has caused him great pain. I've use my own experience to help him understand the feelings and reactions one can have after trauma and it seems to help him with the jumble of emotions most of us know. I'm starting to feel some of my own old feelings as well, the depression, desire to isolate, anxiety. I think I have the skills to get through this but it really helps to just put this out there and vent the feelings.

1 Heart

Your husband is lucky to have you, to be able to pull from your experience. It sounds like maybe you should tell him how this is making you feel? That way, maybe he can help you find ways to help you pull away from those feelings.

Just a thought. Stay strong!

1 Heart