The hormones are kicking in again. I'm feeling crazy today

The hormones are kicking in again. I'm feeling crazy today. I'm glad the guys left for a few hours. Almost every thought is upsetting or frustrating. It's the physical part too my body is weaker and just worn out. Haven't been able to sleep good but yet keep running out of energy especially by late afternoon. Now I see why old people have to take naps all the time I'm just not ready to be that old at 51. I don't even know why I'm posting this other than maybe it's a form of Journaling as if that's going to change anything. Well I better go get some more work done before another day is over. Thanks for reading my mindless post, maybe it helps me not feel so alone for whatever that's worth.

2 Hearts

Sorry parent I feel like I am in the same boat and I am 50 and feel just yucky and I want to nap ugh we can get through this together. xx

Your posts are not mind less. I love that you are venting/communicating how you are feeling. I think you would be a good candidate for the maca root. Will text you about it later. You get to start the cream again on the 9th don't you?? That will help with energy the longer you are on the cream. Sending hugs and any left over energy I may have for you!! Love ya girl!!

1 Heart

Your post is not mindless Parent18. I am 51 years old too and I hate the way that I feel. I am sorry that you are feeling so terrible and I hope it gets better for you soon... My oldest child left for college last week and my emotions are running high. My crazy hormones are NOT helping matters either. I miss him so much which is normal. But I am so weepy often and it is tough to deal with.

1 Heart

Parent18, my son's college is 3 hours away. He received an academic honor scholarship and he took it. This cut his college cost in half. I miss him, but I am glad I let him go and make his own decision. My parents never let me leave home for college and I resented this. He is a great kid. Never once did he complain that we could not afford Johns Hopkins, Georgetown and Yale, schools that offered him no financial support. We are not poor. We are middle-class with three kids and all of them have dreams. I am so proud of him. Sometimes I feel like I will burst with pride. My son never has caused me a moment's grief, and even if he had, I would love him just as much.

2 Hearts

Yes Parent18, and my son contacts me all the time. He came home by train over Labor Day weekend and stayed for 4 days. He admitted to me that it is very hard being away, but that he will be fine. Now I have a big stretch of time to get through before I see him again. I have always tried not to lean on him. He has helped me more than I can describe during this awful perimenopause. My son has never let my mood swings or other issues get to him. Where my husband has failed miserably, my son has been my rock of support. He actually researched menopause and out of nowhere would give me advice. I have never burdened him with anything, but he let me know that I had him to lean on if I ever needed it. Sometimes this is all a woman like me needs to hear. Who would think it would come from my son?!

1 Heart

Yes Mechele, my mother in law and I get along well, but she was a failure as far as I am concerned in raising her son (my husband). My husband is a good guy most of the time, but he was spoiled and is very self-absorbed.

1 Heart

@berrygal…my husband is also a great guy and i know he has kindness in his heart but like you, my mother in law didnt try at ALL to get her children to be caring and compassionate. Now, i force him to do acts of random kindness for strangers like pick someone once a week in a restaraunt to pick up their check for example to grow that compassion i have begged of him for nearly 3 decades now. Still a work in progress but he has improved…I’ll take it!!

Mechele, my husband is very kind to strangers and has lots of compassion. It is hard to explain...He seems to prioritize other people first and sometimes this is hard. He feels that we have it good. He is frugal at home and generous outside.

1 Heart

@berrygal that can be very tough to watch him put others before you. Makes you wonder if it’s a situation where he cares what it LOOKS like instead of what it really is. Too bad he can’t realize he is making his wife feel neglected. Hope he changes so you two can get to a better place honey. My husband has actually made some really big changes this year for the better and that is good to see. He has actually made me feel lcared about more than he ever has. Sending hugs

I think that men go through some kind of hormonal changes that society has not really touched on yet. My husband often acts like I do, with mood swings, forgetfulness and irritability. It is not a "midlife crisis". It is something different. My husband feels physically "off". Too bad there is no cream for him. LOL!

1 Heart

@berrygal if there were a cream for men, we should just dip both our hubbies in a 55 gallon drum of it!! Lol…I know what you mean…i do believe men go thru menopause…it’s called andropause. Chemical estrogen makes it worse. Maybe your hubby has alot of chemical estrogen in one of his HBA products??

I am not sure, but I call it MANopause. LOL! I will look into his HBA products. In the meantime, he has begun to take some vitamins.

1 Heart

@berrygal good girl getting him to get some vitamins! My hubby went gluten free earlier this summer and has ended his abdominal pain! He isn’t bloated anymore either. Gettinf older we’ve really got to watch our health alot closer than we did in our 30s! It pays off when we make that effort every day! I’ve been slacking on the treadmill for months now and really need to take my own advice and make sure it’s a DAILY thing instead of hit and miss. Ya’ll need to get the cattle prod after me and make me do it everyday!! Lol
Has anyone heard from Goodday? Hoping her first week with the cream has been good one.
Sending hugs!