The other half?

Is there anyone else here whose spouse is the one suffering from PTSD? I'm having a really hard time with this and could use some support. My husband and I have been married 34 years and his PTSD has just now come to the surface and it is from something that happened years before we were married! He's going to the V.A. for help, but he has it really bad. I've read up on COMPLEX PTSD and he has every single symptom. I try to be here for him, but he doesn't talk to me. He's so hyper-vigilant, he thinks everyone is out to get him. I need someone to talk to that understands where I'm coming from. Hope I can find someone here. Thanks for listening. God bless.

Hi Deb_Jones, I am so sorry for what you are going through with your husband, as I can imagine that it's not easy. Was there something that triggered this to come to surface so many years later? I think that it's good that he is getting help at the V.A., is he seeing a therapist there? Have you thought about talking to someone at the V.A. or going to a session with him to help you work through this? You are in my thoughts and prayers.

Hi Deb,
I know and understand so well what you are going through...Some one on this group sent me this link:
http://www.ptsdsupport.net/partners.html
I read and cried and I still cry but it really helped me to understand what a man I love is going through. There is not much we can change or help them though, just to be patient and be there.
Wishing you the best,
Maryte