Theme from M*A*S*H is it odd that it is a favorite song?

SUICIDE IS PAINLESS
Through early morning fog I see,
Visions of the things to be,
The pains that are withheld for me,
I realize and I can see...
I try to find a way to make,
All our little joys relate,
Without that ever-present hate,
But now I know that it's too late, and.
The game of life is hard to play,
I'm gonna lose it anyway.
The losing card I'll someday lay,
So this is all I have to say.
The only way to win is cheat,
And lay it down before I'm beat,
And to another give my seat,
For that's the only painless feat.
The sword of time will pierce our skins.
It doesn't hurt when it begins.
But as it works its way on in,
The pain grows stronger...watch it grin, but...
A brave man once requested me,
to answer questions that are key.
Is it to be or not to be?
And I replied 'Oh why ask me?'

...And you can do the same thing if you choose

I left out the chorus(I feel mixed about the truth of it)
When I am feeling really down I often can not get this song out of my mind and will often write parts of it without paying attention to what I write.
I don't know if any of you have seen the movie. In it Painless (the dentist) wants to commit suicide. Rather than stopping him they throw him a wake with him there and let him think they are helping him do it. In reality they just give him something to help him sleep and get over being at the deepest point. Some times this song seems to tell me to end things other times it reminds me that like Painless, I just need something to get me through the moment.

The chorus is
Suicide is painless
it brings on many changes and
I can take or leave it if I please

I also love this song. I heard it on a tape back in the 80s and it has always been hauntingly beautiful to me. I was only young back then but it seemed to stir something in me.
I think the chorus is very apt. I take it as meaning that it is painless as it's an end to pain for you (if not those you would leave behind) but it's also a choice of strength as you can take ot or leave it as you pleas and you are obviously leaving it as you are listening to the song.
So I don't think it's weird, I think it shows you are one of those people who actually think about things and has that wonder and questioning that life is all about.
Sar
x

During college I wrote these lyrics on the inside of the closet door in my dorm room. I often would sit it the closet trying to get away from everything

It is back in my mind a lot right now. Especially the ..lay it down before I'm beat ... Part

Tools, I know there's a lot going on right now, but suicide won't be painless for those you leave behind. If you're feeling low, then getting on here is exactly the right thing to do! Even if no one can respond right away, someone will. Someone always does. :) Also, just writing down how you're feeling can be therapeutic, too. I'll be checking in from time to time today, so I hope to hear that you are doing a little better today.
Hugs to you!

Today has been extremely difficult.