There are so many things I need to work on that I don't know

There are so many things I need to work on that I don't know where to start. In the past year I've found out that I'm an introvert, codependent and that my self worth and self love levels are very low. And now I understand why I've been in such bad relationships with addicts. It's so difficult to let go of those relationships when it feels awful being alone and you look for a connection with someone, even when you know those people are bad for you.

Do you have support from local al anon, codependency groups? They seem to be quite skilled in these matters. Very Sorry you have been manipulated by addicts. Hope you have access to therapy so you can establish and maintain healthy boundaries.

1 Heart

@andine I’m not aware of any codependency support groups in my area :frowning: I started therapy at the end of last year but I’m unable to afford it since I lost my job due to Covid. I’m trying to educate myself by reading books on boundaries and codependency.

It is terribly difficult to disengage from abusive relationships but I believe we always feel much better without the added stress and pain in our lives.

1 Heart

@andine You’re totally right about that! :slight_smile: