There is this co-worker at my job who I like, but I am havin

There is this co-worker at my job who I like, but I am having a hard time figuring out if she likes me back. The reason being is that I get mixed signals from her. For example, she will display certain sneaky body language (fixing her hair, sideways glances and etc.) as if she fines me attractive and other times she will watch me very serious when I talk to her about something, act standoffish and come off harsh. I have been working at this job for almost two months. But I want to add that when another co-worker of mine asked me when I first started the job if I have a girlfriend, I blurted out yes (of course I was lying) and she might have heard. But times afterwards she displayed those body language as if I am attractive.

1 Heart

yikes that's confusing. I wish I knew what to tell you. hopefully someone will come along with some good advice.

1 Heart

@blackbirdjessa yeah it is very confusing!

Maybe she's harsh cux she's expecting u to ask her out but you''re saying something else it can be really annoying if she's trying and you're not putting in effort , a yes or a no is not the end of the world if you like her just ask

3 Hearts

@bisi500 I figured at this point it is too late to ask her.

Maybe make it clear that you are single/looking to date new people, like casually bring it up in a conversation and see how she reacts?

1 Heart

@gettingoverit I am scared to strike up that kind of conversation with her.

"You miss 100% of the shots you don't take." By not asking, you're DEFINITELY not going to get a date with her, and yeah you don't know what's going to happen if you ask but at last you have a chance that way!

1 Heart

@gettingoverit I think that the mistake I made was lying about having a girlfriend, negative body language and not being assertive about my feelings.

Ummm. Oh boy. I am very happy you have found someone special. There is really nothing like that feeling in the world. I have to be a bit of a party pooper and caution you against romance on the job. Usually employers do not like that sort of thing as it cuts down on productivity when the relationship is going well and can cause an unpleasant work environment for EVERYONE if it fails. In some cases, it can lead to termination of both parties. I don't know where you work but often companies do have policies against this behavior. Maybe your employer has no such rule, I don't know. It might be a good idea to look into it.
You also mentioned you had been on the job only two months so perhaps if things took off with this girl, it wouldn't set you back to much to find another job.
I do hope everything works out well for you. : )

1 Heart