Thinking about starting school to become a vet tech... looki

Thinking about starting school to become a vet tech... looking for feedback from any others in the animal medicine field! What would you tell yourself before starting in the field? What are the pros and cons to this career. Thanks in advance!

1 Heart

HI Devyn, I worked as a vet assistant or tech, years ago. The great thing of course is the animals. They all have their different personalities. But the down side is when they have to be put down. Especially if you are local and know some of the people who are using the same vet. I knew an elderly couple that had 2 Dachshunds that they loved dearly, one was dying before the other. Both were the same age. But the one had a rare blood disorder. The vet I worked for tried to do the best he could but he did tell them it would only be a matter of a couple weeks. He said he could do a blood transfusion - which he did but the dog died anyway. They were heartbroken and they also shelled out the additional 200.00 to have this done.

1 Heart

@zee4ward Thanks for the response! I’d love to hear more about your experience in the field and what your doing now! Feel free to private message me!