This is day 1 for me. Any support would be greatly appreciat

This is day 1 for me. Any support would be greatly appreciated. I've been through this process many times over but this is the first time reaching out to ppls online. Thanks in advance.

6 Hearts

I'm in the same situation. It's the very first time I'm in this type of community and the first time I really trying to start fresh. It's great that you've found your way here so we can all support each other :-)

2 Hearts

Thanks @alicdon :) I'm just hoping I can get through tonight. I really want to be able to not binge or purge tonight. I keep telling myself it's possible but I'm not sure I'll be able. What about you?

1 Heart

@LuluTron it’s possible. I quite cold turkey after being bulimic for over 30 years. Fist few days are the hardest.

@LuluTron I'm actually doing fine for now, which I had to think about when you asked me. Well, I bought a chocolate bar yesterday which I'm everything but proud over, and I then ate too much for dinner... But I'm very anxious for the weekend and next week, I feel like I'm going to get to a weak moment where I up. I'm just going to try to make the right decision when the time comes

1 Heart

You're right, I should just take it one meal at a time. Mind if I message you if I feel weak later?

2 Hearts

I went to my Doctors today and she told me to try support groups. I'm with you. Good luck.

2 Hearts

Take one day at time. Read go for walk.watch TV and try to stay out of kitchen. Eat food that do not trigger binge. I eat carrots celery cucumbers. Think of food that don't start binge. And do not let anyone judge you be a use you are not alone. I am here for you and each day you don't binge will make you feel amazing. Believe me. I read over 50 books in months since I stopped binging.

2 Hearts

Welcome to our group Lulu. I'm so glad you're reaching out. Great people here offering good ideas and support. Looking forward to hearing from you soon.

2 Hearts

This group has helped me as of 14 days ago iv stopped my bulimia habits after wasting so my years on it! Cold turkey is best and when I get that anxious feeling I try not to be alone I get on here or get outside and walk or run or I get around friends or family it makes me hold myself accountable. And the fear of the damaged iv caused keeps me straight I'm going thru dental hell after I quit and it's not worth it! We all can help each other :)

2 Hearts

@JeannieM Good for you Jeannie. What an accomplishment! Keep in touch and don’t be afraid to reach out when you sense trouble.

Hi Jeannie. I knew cold turkey will help. Helped me. Just tapering down spiraled me back to binging every day.

4 Hearts

@irene827
Hi Irene yes I’m a all or nothing kinda person so I could only stop no slow to tapering off, iv been " tapering off " for past 20 yrs you know, it’s always tommorow! Not anymore…

@lulutron Welcome Lulu! I'm new to all this as well. Reading some of the comments has given me a lot of insight into my binge eating disorder. I hope that Day 1 went well for you!

1 Heart

Thank you. I never met you but I feel like we could be friends and so proud that you are beating that awful disease.

1 Heart

@irene827
Yes we could!
Hopefully we won’t have this in common much longer

Welcome Lulu I'm new too. It's my second day in. :) I've been through therapy, in patient, and out patient but never an online group. It's new but we will adjust ;)

2 Hearts

It's going to help you a lot.

1 Heart

@irene827 I still don’t really understand the supporters thing. But then again I don’t really understand the site at all lol. No one comments on my stuff.

Then we will be winners and have recovery in common. Do you think will ever completely recover?

1 Heart