This is painful

im on day 2 of trying to get clean from painkillers and i find myself wondering how long will this last...i started on this site today cause i really need help and dont know where to turn to.

ive been through this before i had a serious drinking problem and now this..my friends dont understand they all do the same things and think its fine and that they dont have problems... but i know its not they want me to fall apart with them. i have no one to talk to about it.

I think it's really great that you're trying to get clean. I've never had an addiction with anything but, from what I've read before, you have to surround yourself with people who are clean to be able to survive the process. I think knowing you have a problem with it is really important. Good job on making it that far! Just try to keep yourself strong no matter what. When you're stressed or whatever happens that usually provokes you wanting to take something, try redirecting your attention to something else, keeping yourself busy or something. Good luck! I'm sure you'll be able to get through it and I'm sorry for the pain you are enduring to get there.

i really appreciate your advice..the pain is tough and testing my strength..i always claim to be strong but in times like these i begin to question it and wonder is my mind weak.

I am in the same boat friend, I had to go to a recovery program which offered suboxone. I dont know how long you have been using me 5 years and it just got out of hand I was spending so much money… You may be stronger than I am I just couldnt take the withdrawals it was more than I could handle sweats, pain, I couldnt sleep the list goes on and on. I work and cant afford to be off and there is no way I could work while going throuh withdrawals so I had to have something or call in and lose my job because it takes awhile to get over. I wish you all the luck in the world as I wish to God I would have never seen a pain pill. You seem very strong let me know how you do.

I can't imagine the pain of withdrawal or anything of the like. You said something about having gone through this with drinking before. Have you completely stopped that? If you have, then you know that your strength has been tested before and you got through that. You have to always just tell yourself you're going to get through. Don't leave any question about not making it through. Also, I think the more you think you may be weak, the more your mind mind come to terms with thinking that's alright and you might lose some of your will power. If you think you are strong, then be strong, as strong as you can be. And if something happens and your relapse, learn from it. Don't beat yourself up from it, just learn from it, and try again! If you want, I'll be here to support you. I really think you can do it!

click where it says my messages i send you a message

Haha it's alright. I understood it. I sent you one right back. :]

Jbrown:

I am on Day 7 of getting clean off of Norco 3,000mg a day. I feel your pain. My second day was the worst. Personally I can handle the vomiting and physical symptoms (which should go away around day3 or 4) it is the mental that is hard for me. I am so depressed I feel I won't be able to make it. Hydrocodone helped me do everything I was never able to do. I found out I was pregnant and that forced me to stop. Before I quit hydrocodone, oxy, etc I thought I could handle another baby, but now without my meds I regret ever putting myself in this postition. Anyway, sorry for babbling. You will make it through this, but time can either be our enemy or friend. Much luck to you.

Stoneblot

Hello
Newbie First Comment

I've been clean 5 days, but started on suboxone today. Felt I still needed it because I didn't want to go back to Oxy's and the dope. Working nicely so far. I've had the chills all week while detoxing and now I"m finally warm.

I knew when I took my last pain pill that I would have to do something as far as the withdrawal went so I made a appt. that was the longest 24 hours I had spent waiting on time to go, I have now been on the suboxone for 2 days it is well worth it for me because I can work and not have to worry about the crappy feelings you have when not popping pills, I so look forward to the day when I can also put the suboxone down. I am just now getting back to a semi normal life without all the worry of where and when I will get my next fix.

Keep your head up! I know you can do it! Just have faith :)

Hi jbrown, Welcome to SupportGroups.com . How are you doing today? Have you informed your doctor about what you are doing? It cam be hard trying to do something like this on your own. It is good that you have reached out here. Have you thought about attending NA http://www.na.org/ for face to face support. If not, then I suggest you check this out. Keep coming back and letting us know how you are doing. We are here for you. ((((hugs))))

I'm proud of all of you who are trying your best to be clean and you should all be proud of yourselves as well. I know it isn't an easy process in the least so good job on getting through. Remember. You're all very strong and you can make it through!

It's almost impossible to quit narcotic pain killers without help. The longest I was able to stay away from them was about 3 weeks. The issues that predisposed you to addiction will always be there unles you get help, in the form of a treatment program.

I grew tired of the roller coaster ride and went into detox for 4 days. From there, I went into an IOP (Intensive Outpatient Program) where I learned about triggers and how to avoid them. When I got my certificate for completeing that, I started 3 months of relapse prevention group counseling. Now I attend occasional AA and NA meetings and I sometimes get asked to be a guest speaker at the IOP meetings! They helped me so I return the favor as often as I can.

That was 4 years ago and I am still clean and sober today. I am not saying that the path I chose is the only one that can work. There are many different roads to take you there but the one I mentioned is what worked for me.

Call your local hospital and ask for the substance abuse program. They will point you in the right direction. If you have any more questions, don't be afraid to ask!

God Bless and TC!

hey bro, feeling any better today?

Ok friends day 4, suboxone is still helping but kicking my butt at times. I am able to work which is worth it all because I have to have my job. I will go back to therapy on Saturday I really enjoy being around people who are going through the same ordeal that I am facing. I hope all is well with everyone here. The only thing that is really bothering me is the fear of having withdrawals on this medicine. I am going to try to taper the dose in a few days to see what kind of or any withdrawal I have does anyone think it is too soon to do this? How long does a person have to stay on suboxone, I really want to be me again and it has been years since I havent had pain pills controlling me everyday.

I think tapering off is worth a try. It might just be that the withdrawl symptoms aren’t unmanagable for ya. Don’t move too far too fast; use control before speed. However, you will never know unless you give it a shot. Good Luck!

You doin alright today bro?

Hi JBrown well maybe you can help me today is day 1 for me can you tell me what I can accept with the withdrawal. I'm addicted to Percs. I'm scared I hope you can help...

i feel you. im really hating my life at the moment. i just got out of a six week reidential and i relapsed my second day home. i feel like i let my family down and i dont know what to do.