This virus stuff is making it really difficult for me to get

This virus stuff is making it really difficult for me to get things accomplished. Im not afraid of getting sick, im more afraid of the people taking extreme measures. I don't feel safe going to the grocery stores because of the mass amount of people there and the long lines. I already struggled with going to stores on my own before this, now its worse.

1 Heart

Hiya. The virus is sure stressing out most of us. I have PTSD too, but fortunately so far I've been lucky, in that our local Mutual Aid Society will shop for me for free. I wonder if you have anything like this in your neighborhood. Since you have PTSD that affects your ability to go to the stores, you actually have a health issue that keeps you from going to stores. I wish people without PTSD understood how disabling it is. Is there anyone who could shop for you? A local church or high school aid society in your area?

1 Heart

@L2015 I’ve tried delivery options but I end up getting frustrated with myself about forgetting what I need. I rather just be able to look whats available. Its a great idea, and I’m happy other people are able to use these services. I don’t think its a good accomodation for me though, unfortunately. I also feel a great amount of shame related with not going myself, I feel like I should be able to, you know? Its such a simple task and its always been so challenging for me.

For me personally it has been great. Before this I had trouble going to the grocery store because it was hard for me when people got too close to me. Now we are supposed to social distance and no one is supposed to get close to you. I feel like I get all the space I need and if someone does get close to me I can say something without them thinking I am a weirdo. It has actually been easier for me to shop than before. Finally get personal space and feel like it is normal to be hyper aware of who is getting close to you and to move away if someone gets near you - finally my PTSD habits fit into society - lol - suddenly I feel normal - also because everyone else at the grocery store is scared and anxious, that used to be me all the time before, now everyone is.

1 Heart

@T123 I’m so happy that you’re able to find a silver lining in all of this chaos! That’s great :slight_smile: I also get uncomfortable with how close people get to me in the stores, but I’m more so affected by the number of people and how long it takes to get out. I end up feeling trapped.