Todays thought of the day

No man remains quite what he was when he recognizes himself.
Thomas Mann (1875 - 1955)

i wonder why this is so true of us today as it was all those years ago?

more to the point who can agree or disagree with this quote?

Agreed

lol but why do u agree april?

as always

loving thoughts and positive vibes

In answering one of your questions, i wonder why this is so true of us today as it was all those years ago?

Several years ago I was reading the Bible and came across cannibalism in 2 Kings 6. I spoke to my sponsor about it because I was shocked to see it written about in the Bible. She said though times may have changed concerning material things, people have not changed. People are still people.

About the quote, it can be shocking to a person when they recognize them self. They may not like what they see.

Bliud said it & I've lived in it w/my situation & there is a very long word "Alexitbymia"= losing capability to feel @ all (covert depression).......

yes all who have lived life seem to acknowledge it, rather like a looking glass which is tuned in to the worlds view rather than our own.

as always loving thoughts and positive vibes

I must learn how to spell & type again UGH.... Just adding, its difficult to comprehend what another person feels within themselves, in their mind, took me years & to this day I dont really understand alot of it & do have compassion for those suffering & now am more complacent w/it just living through it & really seeing it, otherwise one would go crazy trying to chase that invisible dragon that they cannot help/love/learn/guide the other person, I got exhausted & had to put my focus in another direction, its pretty sad seeing it all the time, just my point of view.

Take care of you & Bluid I like the way someone explained it to you w/D's quote.