Told my roomate

I just spent the last 2 hours talking with my new "housemate" about my struggles with my ED. She is a naturally thin person who has been overweight but lost it all again without having to think about it. She had a lot of questions and I answered all of them truthfully. I have been wanting to tell her for a while and tonight we had the house to ourselves and I just told her. Right now I feel so great for doing this. I have added one more person to my support team, and I'm sure when she tells her boyfriend he will join my team too!
The ironic part is that today was not that great of a day. I was thinking about dieting and my body's natural set point weight and wishing it were lower, etc. But when talking to my friend about it I was defending everything I have to do on my recovery plan and I was proud to show her how far I have come! I believe that everything happens for a reason and right now I'm so glad that this happened :-)

Britta,

I don't think the thoughts go away... Or at least, they haven't for me yet, either. ♥ Recovering, for me thus far, has been about challenging those thoughts and acting differently. You did a WONDERFUL job of doing just that! :) Congratulations!!

Smiling for you!

Jen

Jen and Britta...the ED thoughts will go away, but you must continue to challenge the life out of them (literally!). The more you think and act 'in the opposite direction' (♥), the closer you come to being free of the old patterns and thoughts. It can be done! You can do it! Never give up! HUGS..Jan ♥

"Double Like" ♥

Thanks so much for both of your input! Its amazing to me how every time I put into words how I feel during this journey I become more convinced that I'm doing the right thing. I can see where I want to get to but its definitely still a struggle every day to stay on this path. Thankfully I have a great support team around me. That has made all the difference.