Top Myths About Drinking and Driving

Many young drivers decide to drink and drive because they have some misconceptions about alcohol impairment and how it affects driving skills and reaction times. There are some myths surrounding drinking and driving that many young people, especially males, believe.

Too many of these younger driver think it's okay to drink and drive and they make excuses for why it's alright.

The Insurance Corporation of British Columbia (ICBC) launched a campaign \aimed at reducing drinking and driving. As a part of that campaign, the ICBC released a statement listing the top five myths about drunk driving.

Read More: http://alcoholism.about.com/b/2010/08/26/top-myths-about-drinking-and-dr...

Hey Bluidkiti,
Thanks for read:) However, in Ireland, it seems very rare that a young person drink and drives. It is more middle aged people, those who have been doing it all of their lives really that continue to do it, which frustrates me so much....and I've heard all the excuses "oh but we drive slower with alcohol"..."but we've been driving for years so we know our limits"..."but I had a big feed before I came out so I'm fine for driving"...???

For the younger aged group in Ireland it is really socially unacceptable to drink and drive, never mind completely against the law and the biggest killer for young people on roads in Ireland sadly is speed. I wish people would remember driving is a privileage not a right.

Thanks hun
Love to you
Moongal x

Removed drug