***Trigger Warning*** I've been a cutter since I was 9 an

***Trigger Warning***

I've been a cutter since I was 9 and only quit 4 years ago (I'm 25). It hasn't been as difficult as I thought it would be to stop, but my husband has been a great help; he's the reason I stopped because I made a promise. But tonight after he left for work I find myself craving it again. And it literally feels like that: like when you crave a certain food so much that your teeth ache and all you want is that little bit of it, just enough to take the edge off. I pressed the knife against my skin but stopped. Normally I have to be extremely emotionally overwhelmed to cut but tonight I realized...it's an addiction. Once you start it wants you to continue. So I threw the knife in a corner and am covering my scars as if that will make my teeth stop aching. Does it feel this way for anyone else?

YES! It is very difficult to stop, but be proud of yourself please. You didn't do it. You came here instead. Thank you for helping me too, bc I am currently upset and wanted to as well. Hugs. Started this when I quit drugs at 19 and am 31 now. I traded one addiction for another so I most definitely can relate.

1 Heart