TRIGGER WARNINGS .new here . . . . . . Hi I am ne

TRIGGER WARNINGS
.new here

Hi I am new here. Was diagnosed with PTSD after my mom passed away two years ago. I didn’t take it very seriously or get therapy for it until August last year. However my psychiatrist had diagnosed me with it years ago after my husband and I described my emotional issues to him. He didn’t do much to help tho aside from providing the diagnosis. Anyway the issues Came out a lot more after my mom died...and that’s when I had these outbursts of anger, throwing things, usually the same things or things in the same areas. The things that would break, my husband would glue back together and eventually hide cause I’d throw them again. Most of it was my own artwork or things from childhood . Some of it was glass that I’d then try to hurt myself with. We had to hide all the knives, scissors, valuables, things from my childhood, my art, and we now have only unbreakable dishes in the house. My husband keeps my medicine in a safe and gives me my pills every morning because I’ve tried to commit suicide more times than I can count, and was hospitalized once. When we don’t have contact with negative influences I do a lot better, but when I let myself be affected by negativity, I hate myself....I even punch myself in the head, call myself names, etc.

I used to be a nurse...a supervisor...but now I’m on disability. I am young and everything just came to a stand still and the people who should have your back kinda feels like they kick when I’m down. I never leave the house anymore but I’m trying to change that. I’m thinking of finding al anon meetings. His family looks down on me so much but my mentality on that has gotten better. It’s torn me apart tho. We live next door to them and It’s extremely complicated. So...I’m just here looking for support. That’s me and my life.

1 Heart

Is therapy helping at all?
Ok to ask cause of PTSD? Even in general terms? Has therapist ever said anything about you possibly bipolar? Sorry your all the questions. Please just know it can get better

@rdpca1 it is when I stay consistent with it. But when I stop keeping up with sessions the triggers seem to affect me worse. I had asked about other diagnoses such as bipolar and bpd and other ones but they explained that I have complex ptsd, a lot from my childhood and lot of things in my life recently have been triggers.

@CKBlossom I’m doing a combination of both. I think I was overmedicated at first before I found the right dose of meds and therapy to be helpful. I just have issues sticking to therapy