Try not to think of the recovery process as giving something

Try not to think of the recovery process as giving something up, but rather, getting yourself back.

Hi! How can I switch the desire to eat into a desire to get my self back?

@Muffin12 We are all very different as a few of us gain certain insights and recover in a relatively short period while most of us struggle for months or years with our disease and over time, improve or totally recover. Some go through therapy to learn effective strategies to deal with their disordered eating. Others read self-help books and follow the author’s step-by-step approach for improving/recovering from their eating disorder. Still others prefer an on sight eating disorder group because of the personal accountability attending a regularly scheduled group provides as well as the support that groups offer. For me, some form of a program is needed for most of us as it’s difficult to recover on your own. What ever therapy format you feel most comfortable with, why not continue to participate with this group. Many good ideas are routinely shared as well as sharing mutual support. So glad you checked in.