Unsure

I don't know if I have an eating disorder, but I don't eat like I should. Some days I will eat and other days I won't eat at all. I know this is unhealthy, but I don't know what to do. What do I do?

I'm sorry to hear you are having a tough time. Thank you for coming to this message board and talking to us.

I was wondering how your life being affected by this irregular pattern of eating? Is there a reason why you eat on some days and not on others?

I hear you say that you don't know what you want to do. What are your choices? If you let me know kind of what you're thinking, maybe I can help you figure something out.

Athletic Artist,

Welcome to Support Groups! :)

It's normal to feel unsure... I know I harbored lots of self-doubt when I stumbled on this site a year ago. The fact that you're asking indicates that you might have a problem... You might start by taking the EAT-26, which is an eating attitudes test. It's often used for eating disorder screening. The results might not be conclusive, and a therapist is really necessary for a diagnosis, but it's a good place to start...

You can find the test on many sites, but here is one:
http://www.healthyplace.com/eating-disorders/main/about-the-eating-attit...

We'd love to hear more of your story if you'd like to share... ♥

Love,

Jen

FYI: Here is the main site for the EAT-26 test. The doctor who developed and copyrighted the test developed this site. Either way, it's a good 'ruler' to start with.
http://www.eat-26.com/

I hope you will at least see a professional in order to have your issues assessed. Take care...Jan ♥

Awesome! Thanks, Jan! I'm going to bookmark it. ♥

Thanks everyone for the support.

My life has been greatly affected because I play sports and I know it isnt healthy, but I dont push myself to eat. It has affected my relationships and other issues I am dealing with. I dont know why I eat somedays and not the others.

I dont know what to do.

I am going to check out the EAT 26 test. I will let you know what it says

I didnt eat today. I dont know why I am doing this. I am scared to tell my counselor. What do I do?

The test said I should seek an evaluation by a professional who specializing in the treatment of eating disorders. I dont want to. I dont know what to do

I havent been eating and I havent been sleeping. My body is probably going to start to fail

Hey guys! I know I havent been on in a long time. Just wanted to see how everyone is doing

Athletic...how are YOU doing? Good to hear from you...Jan ♥

Hey Jan. I am doing okay. My parents just found out about my eating today. Hopefully things will get better from here.

AthleticArtist23 -
I have this problem too! One thing you should really be paying attention to is how you feel about the days you actually eat. Do you feel guilty after you eat normally? Do you regret it?

Sometimes I feel guilty and sometimes I dont

I met with a nutritionist and we set a goal together. I am trying to achieve that goal, but it is really hard. It's very up and down, but it's mostly down. I dont want to go back there in a week to tell her that my eating hasnt improved. I have been trying so hard and I just want to give up. I feel like I have let myself down so it's going to let her down to. What do I do?

So my nutritionist says I should stop going to the gym and that I shouldnt play basketball. I have decided to play basketball anyways.

I feel bad about going against her wishes, but I really want to play.