Updates (6/24)

I finally have my minor surgery next week and I’m a little nervous about it.
Especially because I will be put to sleep and I can’t protect myself from harm. Also, I hope I don’t have nightmares.

How’s everyone else doing?

1 Heart

Doing very well here, thank you!

Have you had any general anaesthetic before? If not, here’s how mine went:

Once I was all “dressed for action” in hospital gown etc. (I was having major surgery: YMMV) the anaesthetist talked to me about what they have planned. He offered me anti-anxiety meds in case I was nervous, but I had my own supply so I was OK. Eventually they wheeled me into the OR on a gurney and the surgical team more or less introduced themselves. I made it quite clear that I didn’t want to wake up as a vegetable, and that if anything went wildly wrong they should be sure to finish me off before I woke up. They assured me that this was Very Unlikely. After that, I remember nothing until I woke up on another gurney beeing wheeled down a corridor to my room. That was it.

There were a couple of odd after-effects. The first was that, for days after, I thought all the little marks on the walls (cracks & imperfections etc.) were writing, but I couldn’t make out what any of it said. The second was about 5 days afterwards when I woke up in the middle of the night just drenched in sweat. That only happened once.

So, I hope everything goes reallly smoothly for you. There is really not a whole lot to worry about.

Take care.

Its really hot here at the moment totally exhausted with head aches . I am also going to have minor surgery soon and been put to sleep. Last time I was put to sleep was a child . I am happy to be put to sleep . why do think you could have night mares and come to harm.? I fear the recovery and would like to stay in hospital for a night or 2

I had my surgery yesterday and it went well. I took me a little longer to wake up from the anesthesia though.
There is no swelling and I feel I’m doing better than expected.
I won’t know until 2 more weeks though (I go back to see if everything healed properly).

1 Heart