Walk to Slow Cognitive Decline

Walking can slow cognitive decline, as this article discusses;

"Regular exercise has been shown to be beneficial to brain health by helping maintain cellular volume, thus reducing the risk of cognitive decline. In a study presented at the annual meeting of the Radiological Society of North America (RSNA), researchers have found that walking is both beneficial for healthy adults and those who are already experiencing mild cognitive impairment (MCI) and Alzheimer’s disease.

Regular Exercise Maintains Brain Volume in Memory and Learning Centers
Cyrus Raji PhD of the Department of Radiology at the University of Pittsburgh studied the relationship between physical activity and brain structure in 426 people who were participating in the Cardiovascular Health Study. The cohort included 299 health adults (mean age 78) and 127 cognitively impaired adults (mean age 81)...."

http://www.emaxhealth.com/1506/walking-five-miles-week-may-slow-cognitive-decline

Source: emaxhealth.com

puppy

i wonder if this study would show simular results for those with cfs or me or fibro mayb they are more at risk then because of chronic pain and lack of energy to even begin to walk every day, i do like these new sciences that are delving into pathways to improve lifestyles rather than just treating them after the event

as always loving thoughts and positive vibes
D :)

I too really like the idea of preventative actions, rather than just treating when the symptoms are in tact. I think that any little bit can help nip prospective ailments in the bud or at least help lessen the pending symptoms.