Was in a long term partnership plagued by trauma responses f

Was in a long term partnership plagued by trauma responses from a previous relationship. My partner was so supportive, caring and understanding and i was always afraid that a moment would come when they realized i was too much for them. The moment arrived. They broke up with me last night THREE days after we signed a lease to move in together. I am devastated but also terrified about the lease. I don't want drama. I just want to heal so these cycles of toxicity do not keep coming up. I don't want to keep hurting people or hurting myself or lugging around these nasty beliefs about myself from my previous relationship. Do you think that someone can heal from codependency? Is it possible to do while in a relationship? I want my partner to take me back but i don't want to manipulate them into it (saying I'll change when I know my trauma responses that push them away and leave their needs unmet are so strong.) Does anyone have any advice ?

1 Heart

We are going through older posts on our site and wanted to check in our members we haven’t seen for awhile, how are you doing? How can we best support you? -SG