Well, I haven't been on here in about 3 mos bc I had gotten

Well, I haven't been on here in about 3 mos bc I had gotten hired surprisingly. Sadly, bc I rushed in and didn't ask a lot of questions- the job was almost un-workable. I've never come so close as to telling off a peer who was so ridiculously condescending
I'm like...no hon, you don't fool an old fool K? I stuck out the grueling job for way longer than I should've resulting in physical damage which I don't know if it can heal...uggh!!
All these jobs are so boring and I have no passion for any of them. I should've gone back to school 10 yrs ago. I was helping my family and battling bad depression the whole time. Now I feel like I've let myself go. Emotionally, I'm going to have to be beyond strong to RETRAIN AND REGROUP myself again. I don't know how to begin again. I think my therapist even gave up on me? I'm exhausted.

1 Heart

It's never too late to do things here and there to improve or upgrade your abilities. I'm in a similar spot. I wish I would have gone back too and got my teaching degree.

1 Heart

@Scat thankyou, you don’t know how much your words mean to me. I guess it’s never too late, the problem for me is always motivation and trying to do 3 things at once!
I’m a visual person so all these desk type jobs feel…wrong.
I keep hoping the universe is big enough for my old old dreams?

Find a new therapist, sometimes fresh ears and discussion is good for everyone. A lot of churches offer it free too. Also, I'm proud of you, finding the job, getting it and sticking it out. None of the work situations are free of sassy people or tough work relations, we just have to tolerate it and cont. on. There will be other opportunities and thankfully our body heals, most always esp if we give our body what it needs to heal, but it does take time.

2 Hearts

@crowningglory19
Many workplaces are toxic with grown bullies. These peop!e zero in on vulnerable to build themselves up. Until the top management positions truly enforce a healthy work environment there is little that can be done unless you want to go to HR or get an attorney. I went to HR asking for guidance and downplayed my situation just trying to make things work so I wouldn’t be working 14 hour days after being told becuz i have no children i must do someone else’s job so they can be with their kids of course there are no witnesses to what was said. My job was eliminated several days after I went to HR they didn’t cover this i n any of my bachelor of graduate classes.

Another thing that helps is volunteering, finding your passion by helping others find theirs or supporting those who need it.

2 Hearts

@crowningglory19 thank you SO MUCH!
I have thought of switching therapists…and I actually looked up volunteering in my area yesterday. I wanted to help with a literacy program but they asked for $40 Startup for training…really wow lol
There must be something I can do that I don’t have to PAY for :slight_smile:

Hi Littlesis. I'm sorry the job didn't work out for you. Have you thought about your passion? Once you find what that is, maybe develop a plan on how you are going to work in that particular field (for example, does it require more education, can you start your own business, can you volunteer with an organization, etc.?). Sometimes after you've been with a therapist for a while you can feel like things are no longer getting anywhere. Have you considered finding a different therapist? It may take a little time to move on from this job but don't give up. The good thing is that you know what you don't like. Sometimes that makes it easier to think about what you do like/want to do. Best wishes.

1 Heart

@foreverbeach11 thanks for your reply. I have thought about my passion which lies in the artistic area, maybe thought about it too much instead of just digging in and creating it. I’m a perfectionist and over-thinker. Way too cautious. I think now I’m frustrated and sad bc my depression and just plain goofy health issues are getting in the way of moving on. I’ve spent way too much time alone even tho I’m in a relationship. Lonlieness is the killer of dreams…I’ve been thru so many challenges in my life and feel broken, used up.
I’m not good at faking smiles. It takes all my energy.
Mbe a new therapist- idk
I’d like to think SG is therapy. I needed to connect with ppl who are hurting and stuck but still want to look for hope. Thanks

Found out yesterday my replacement came on Monday. Yes I was let go in Friday and on Monday morning they had brought back the woman who retired from the position. Sad thing is someone who i thought was my friend didn't even tell me.

@Thrownaside what the heck?? That is horrible!
Yes, it seems to come down to “every man for himself”…or woman I guess.
Are you still job-searching now, bc I still am…I have no clue what I can do to actually make money anymore. I’m sorta worn out physically and emotionally.

I allways wanted to write a book so I am writing down My experience and journey through all of this. I am trying to take this time to have my own physical, emotional and spiritual revival. This is the first time I have been in this situation. One thing for a little extra cash could be dog walking / pet sitting if you like animals I don't know your specifics needs or if the area you live in would have a market for this?

1 Heart

@Thrownaside thanks, I’m really trying to discipline myself to change my lifestyle habits due to depression. I am older but not that old. It just feels like my life has become “SO much effort for SO little return”…my kids have moved away and I’m really struggling to care about anything. I used to believe in miracles, but maybe a lot of that was how hard one WORKS?
My motivation is almost gone although I do thank you for mentioning pet /dog walking. I myself can’t even have a pet at home rt now even tho they are healing.

I think as we get older we do become disillusioned and reflect on our past and our choices. I have learned from personal experience that even working hard does not guarantee anything in our society. Motivation comes through perseveration through those days you don't want to do a thing. Life is a spiritual battle on this earth and you are not alone there are many good people struggling. I have read your posts and you have given others inspiration. The most important thing in this world is your relationship with God or whatever higher power your personal faith worships. His word teaches us to take care of ourselves and through the Holy Spirit you will triumph.

1 Heart

@Thrownaside thank you again for your thoughts and thank you for the compliment.
Went thru a major argument with my husband regarding working. I feel like I don’t have the strength or energy to face his disappointment as well as letting myself down. I am a believer and have held on for so long just hoping and praying my life still has purpose even tho I don’t accomplish anything or make money…
Trying to live and work in “earthly” terms just doesn’t jive with being “spiritual” very well.
I want to just fade away most days…but ppl like you- help me to not give up…thankyou.

Hi little sis. I continue to think and pray for you. I did respond to your post over a week ago but must have not gone through. Believe me I understand what you go through. I have an ex boyfriend who can be charming and the best guy anyone could meet until the other side of him comes out. I pray for a better outcome for us but to no avail. I am still out of work and with no financial support but myself. The odd thing is this ex has always overextended himself to strangers which only take advantage of him. Sadly somehow I live in the Twilight Zone where regardless of all my sacrifices and charity I have engaged in somehow has been turned around on me and I am called names and told his aloof I am. Just don't know anymore who I am as a person. I too just want to curl up and just escape into happy dreams if I can dream happy dreams.

1 Heart

@Thrownaside hi, thanks for your reply…I’ve had some issues for quite a few days but I’m trying to continue.
I have gained a link to some employment advice but am hesitant to go thru meeting and filling out zillions of questions…I used to have courage for all this stuff but I guess - I have zero passion for these office, reception/ data entry jobs.
I am very easily bored, hate dealing with other ppl’s money. I just want to make things but haven’t figured out how to make money doing it. Tomorrow I am talking to my Primary Doctor about a new health concern. Hope she helps me. I need to feel whole again!

Having a repetitive job is sometimes an energy zapper in itself, especially if one is looking for a job to identify oneself. Not sure what you make but there are plenty of opportunities on-line, renting a booth at a multi-vendor establishment, arts and crafts community events, and thru your place of worship.
I try to look at a job as a place where God has placed me. On this earth i may not know the reason but believe there is something I can do which will make a positive difference. Being out of work has provided me time to go to church daily and rejuvenate myself. I did have one job interview which was followed up with a really intense questionnaire i decided not to go through with it because of the level of personal information requested.

1 Heart

@Thrownaside thankyou for some good ideas…I found a link to a good temp agency thru a friend. Supposed to go thru questions Monday…I’m nervous- office jobs and I don’t mix well…

Littlesis I hope all went well for you today. Every office is different. Thinking back the best office I ever worked in was a construction/home improvement company. There seemed to be a better balance of women and men. Any new job is an adjustment just remember you are a child of God and he is always with you. A long time ago a priest told me whenever he travelled "solo" he was never alone; Jesus was in the front passenger seat and Mother Mary in the back.

1 Heart