Well the dreaded thing has happened, my son has just showed

Well the dreaded thing has happened, my son has just showed me a change of profile picture on facebook of him and his new girlfriend. I have that gut wrenching feeling in my stomach now. Can't wait until these things no longer hurt.

1 Heart

Big hugs xxx remember it's not real to him I know that doesn't help much. Focus on yourself xx

1 Heart

@Clare1974 I know that gut wrenching feeling oh so well. My, I do not even know what to call him, separated from husband will have to do, went back to the OW after me trying for 2 1/2 years to fix the marriage. All the money we spent on counseling did nothing to fix the marriage, but it did eventually show me who he really was. It hurts horribly to think that he went back to her, but I have to keep telling myself “What did she win?” as my friends have said to me. She got a man who is willing to cheat on his wife over and over until found out and kept on having some contact with her. So, now she has a man who will cheat on her and she will cheat on him since she was willing to be with a married man. Integrity does not exist in their world. Two narcissists together…I do not envy them. I am going to learn to let go, be happy and relax now that I do not have to try to decipher what he is saying to me…truth or lies.

is it wrong that I can't wait for him to start showing his true colours to her? How long does this process usually take?

1 Heart

I'm sorry. I felt like I was going to throw up when I found out ex was getting married.

1 Heart