What's normal communication for early stages of dating

I would love to know your experience and thoughts on what's standard in terms of communication in early stages of dating. I feel like I'm a bit rusty at dating and am a bit unsure of what's the norm. And, I see several of my friends going through frustrations with their communication [or lack thereof] in dating.

Are you ever with someone that goes from hot to cold to hot to cold? What does this mean? I'm a bit confused by it all and would love some clarity. Thank you so much.

hello, home bored so im jumping thru all these discussions to entertain and inspire myself. will you join me? I was with someone last night. told me dating consists of casual sex. hmmmm, dunno. their boat. someone else told me that it consists of just being friends and impressing the next person. found that to be a lie because it heightens ones expectation for a fictional character. No one really tells or show whats really real. always some kind of mask. if they pull back, means, they are not sure, they are apprehensive form whats said... could be a bunch of things. talk it out! if you are honest about where you are and where you are going of plan to reach, if its real, they will follow.

Hi Nux, that's such fantastic advice, thank you so much! I guess the only way to really know is to go to the source. Excellent advice. If they're not on the same page as you, then it's time to move on.

From Romantic Relationships to Online Dating