When is it enough? My child's "father" has never been invol

When is it enough? My child's "father" has never been involved and she is now 1. Every few months he texts me apologizing about how he hasn't been in her life and to give him another chance. So I do, because I want what is best for my child. Then after telling him ok and sending him pictures and updating him on everything new that she is learning and doing. . He goes ghost! Then a few months later. . The same thing. When is enough. .. enough? Constant battle in wanting both parents in my child's life vs. He only talks about being in her life/no action. He's never come to see her! I took her to see him when she was a few months old. . He hasn't seen her since or made an effort.

1 Heart

My nieces is father is like this, finally my sister just allowed him to leave and didn't push the issue, she is marrying a man who loves her little girl like his own, so there are good guys out there.

1 Heart

hi, I was and am going through this. my dtrs dad was in and out when I was pregnant and when I gave birth I didn't call him. he found and visited me at the hospital. he vowed to change and be there for her. 10 yrs later and he still only sees her maybe 1-2 a yr to take her gifts. I have 100% custody since I didn't add him on the certificate and I don't get any child support from him. I guess my advice is just don't even expect anything from him. Guys like that are all talk. If he wanted to really step up..he would have since day one. I know we want whats best for our kids but sometimes when a person shows u who they really are... u need to accept it.

1 Heart

Thank you. I am trying to accept it and you're right, he would act instead of talk. It's a sad situation Bc only the kids hurt in these types of situations.

1 Heart