Wow... it feels like it’s been a really, really long time

Wow... it feels like it’s been a really, really long time like since I’ve been on here. So, since I’ve been gone, I came out to my best friend and my mom, both of whom were SO supportive. I’m still waiting to come out to my dad/other close friends, but I’m really starting to feel a little bit more confident in myself and my sexuality. It doesn’t make it any easier to be constantly battling with myself over who I am, who I need to be, and who everyone thinks I am, but I’m so proud of myself for coming this far already and I hope that whoever is reading this can be encouraged to take just one step to know that although it probably won’t become “easy” for a long time for some of us, maybe not even in our lifetimes, there’s a good chance that if you find even one supportive person who loves the you that they’ve known all along, things can be a whole lot better. Yeah, there’s not a day where I don’t question the world I’ve grown up in or the child I knew myself to be, but I think that’s part of growing up and learning more about yourself. I don’t know maybe this was incoherent garble but if there’s someone out there that needs to know that although the world seems harsh and unaccepting and terrifying, there’s a corner of the earth we live on that will love you and accept you and that corner starts growing when you learn to appreciate yourself.

Have a lovely week, everyone :))

2 Hearts

I am so glad that your mom and best friend were there for you and responded so beautifully to you coming out! Not everyone has that response, which is incredibly sad in this day and age. You are living life in such a beautiful and authentic way, you should be very proud of yourself.

1 Heart

@CKBlossom Thank you so much!