Yesterday I was raped by a guy who I thought I knew and was

Yesterday I was raped by a guy who I thought I knew and was comfortable with. We haven't seen each other in a while and I thought it was gonna be a fun reunion because typically things happen naturally with us and we both end up mutually happy, but this time he was only focused on what he wanted. He groped me in public and when I said I wanted him to stop he said he didn't care. Then when we got home he started choking me and forcing me to him and whenever I tried pulling away he'd pull me back harder to where I felt like my life would have been threatened if I didn't give him what he wanted. I've been having panic attacks ever since. I want to tell my family but they don't even know that I'm gay and they're conservative religious and I don't know if I'm ready for that yet.

1 Heart

I am sorry that you are going through this. But you should talk to them about this. Whether or not you are gay, is irrelevant, as this was not by choice... you were raped. Talk to them, They will listen! Do not let this guy do it to someone else!!!

1 Heart

From Coming Out & Acceptance to Rape & Sexual Assault