Yet another roadblock in life!

Hello everyone. My name is Karen and I am glad I found you. I am starting for hopefully the lat time on a weight loss journey. I quit the alcohol many years ago, quit smoking in 2005 and now am working on what I like to call the third leg to my stool of stability. Could used the support. In previous times in my life I could lose the weight but keeping it off was a tough one. Now I am to my second heaviest weight and tired of it. I have targed August 1 as my D day for getting healthier and starteding to lose the weight.....just an easy date to remember, but may started sooner, after my son's birthday celebration on Thursday. At any rate, I am tired of talking the talk and need to walk the walk with this weight loss. I was 40 when I quit smoking and will be 45 this year and would like to be healthier weight wise by my 46th birthday.

I will be back.

Karen

August 1 is quickly approaching. Sunday morning I will get up for work, weight myself and start my journey. One good thing is I will be bicycling into work, 5 miles, not a long haul but not bad at 4:45 or 5:00 in the morning. Looking forward to the new me.

Karen

Hi Teiger! Welcome to Support Groups and thank you so much for sharing your story. I think that it is so amazing that you have made this decision and have already put a plan into place. Working-out should be enjoyable and biking to work is a fantastic way to lose weight and get in shape. It's all about making it work realistically with your life and your schedule. As well, try mixing it up with walking and interval training.

Also, remember that exercising consistently is key when wanting to lose weight and keep it off, though it can't be done without a good healthy diet .

Try to create a lifestyle for yourself and one that you can stick with. And, take baby steps in making changes to your diet and when adding an exercise routine, this will it will stick for the long-term.

Please keep sharing. Wishing you all of the very best.

Teiger

HI!! WELCOME we can do this together I am happy you have a great plan and goals already that is such a great start.

If you were able to quit smoking and drinking I am sure this will be a easy for you. Just remember eat right drink lots of water and most important try to not drink sodas.

XOXO

ANA

This site has been so incredibly motivational in terms of everyone really making such a serious effort towards health, weight loss, and well-being. And, I love all of the support that everyone provides, it's amazing. I am more and more motivated each day with my weight loss and working out because of all of you. Thank you so much for that.

i wish you all the luck in the world. I will turn 40 in the spring and every year i make a promise to myself that i will lose the weight, i will lose the weight. well, i still haven't lost it. i am a few pounds lighter than last year, but far, far from being a healthy weight. No matter if its 10 lbs or 300 lbs, its hard. my biggest problem is routine. crazy eating schedules and just not enough motivation. i work evenings, so as soon as i get home, i eat till bedtime. its killing me. I think the key to getting started, is a good, healthy routine. eating breakfast, lunch and dinner on a normal schedule, and not eating on the go. which is what i have done for 20 years. its gonna be difficult, but with a great motivational tool, such as this website, we can do it!!