Your not alone

I THINK ONE OF THE WORST THINGS ABOUT OCD IS THAT YOU CAN FEEL SO ISOLATED, ALONE, AND DISCONNECTED FROM OTHERS. IT IS VERY HARD FOR PEOPLE WITHOUT THE DISORDER TO TRULY UNDERSTAND WHAT WE GO THROUGH...
THANKFULLY WE HAVE EACHOTHER AND THIS SUPPORT GROUP FOR SOME HELP THROUGH THIS DIFFICULT TIME....

I agree- I often feel so angry because I feel like everybody else in the world is 'free'- they can just go through their day living spontaneously without worrying about rigid schedules and other weird stuff that we suffer through and they don't get exhausted by simple tasks thruout the day- but it does help to remember that there are millions of others out there who also struggle with this- and also, all those 'normies' have other problems that they have to deal with- nobody on this earth is exempt from problems!

I totally agree with both of your comments. While I have good friends that I can talk to I know they really don't understand at all the mental anguish that OCD causes. I too look at other people and would love to be "free" like they appear to be. Appearances can be deceiving though and I try not to envy anyone anymore. This site is a great comfort for me coz you guys understand the madness!! Please keep posting and helping....

I was wandering if someone could give me some insight to ocd.I really believe my husband might have it.I know he don't realize it but there are things I took real personal hygiene wise an stuff.He is always very neat and organized.He gets angry often.He also repeats himself alot in a conversation.I know he was put on prozac before for anger but thats all he told me.I would really like to be able to help him.It may be just to hard for him.Id like to no more of how to be supportive thats all.

I am having a very difficult week. I have a homosexual obsession. I am on several medications (lamictal, geodon, klonopin, anafranil, and zoloft). I have had this for the past 18 years with hiatuses for several years in between. I have had it consistently since 2004. I went to see an expert last year to do Exposure Response Prevention and it failed. My OCD has disappeared and come back over time in 2010. I just feel like crawling up and dying. Help!

i definetly agree i find myself gettting very angry or crying alot because i feel alone i feel like i have isolated myself from the world afriad of wut people might think of me it they see i have this problem.. in college kids look at me wierd because i am constantly washing my hands or checking my surroundings im alone the and when i come home my parents jsut dont understand they think im faking when i cant help it i try to stop but i cant. i pick at my lips to the point where they bleed and hurt but its the only way it calms my nerves i need people that undetrstand how this feels and who can relate im hoping this website and meeting people will change my life and the way i act.

Brittney, I can relate to feeling lonely and angry, as if everybody else in the world is free and I'm trapped by my OCD, and I can also relate to worrying about what other people are thinking about me- hang in there- there are plenty of other people out there with OCD so you are not alone!