Anyone else struggling with nightmares?

Anyone else struggling with nightmares?

I've been told that I shake and thrash about all night; often yelling and cursing in my sleep; back when we used to sleep together, my partner was unintentionally hit several times. 0ften as not, I sleep right through the mayhem, but sometimes I jump out of bed and run from the room screaming. Mornings like this, I awake to a flood of adrenaline and cortisol in the dark, and can't get back to sleep. I tried prazosin several years ago; it didn't seem to help.

1 Heart

@Piobaire
Prazosin didn’t work for me either. I’m now on terazosin. It worked for a bit, but it seems that it stopped working. I also tried clonidine patch, which worked wonders. It took away nightmares AND flashbacks. But I got an allergic reaction to it.
Now I struggle.

Not sure if this will help, but when I have nightmares, of any sort, I visualize the dream, imagining what was happening, and this time I change the ending and make it what I want. And I practice that. Even if you have trouble visualizing, try writing down what was happening in the dream and now write a different ending. Maybe you punch the monster in the face and it faints, or poke it in the eyes, or something funny. I used to fly away in my dreams a lot, and then I just imagine myself flying higher and higher, and how enjoyable that is.It depends what you like, and what the dream was. Maybe the people go to jail, or I use to dream about a faceless man, and maybe you get a sharpie marker and draw all over their face ;p just remember the dream isn't happening now.

1 Heart