Desperate and unsure on where to start

I was diagnosed with severe depression and anxiety in 2019, I am not on any medication, and I feel like my mind is poisoning me. I have no family members as they have all passed away, and my friends have all gone their separate ways.

I just want advice on where to start

2 Hearts

It depends on what you want to do, you just said your condition, not what you want to do, do you know what you want to do?

1 Heart

Depression is a debilitating and potentially fatal health problem. If at all possible, please seek out competent professional help.

2 Hearts

You need people in your life. Inter-personal connections make all the difference. Start by getting out and making some friends, are you able to do this? It’s so important for all of us to have people in our lives in some aspect, especially when you don’t have family to lean on.

3 Hearts

The great news is that it’s treatable with therapy and meditation if needed. I would go to the doctor and get some medicine for the depression at least.

I agree with everyone here, make an appointment to speak to your doctor, if you were diagnosed with anything else, you wouldn’t not treat it for like 3 years, but later is better than nothing. Then get back out there, do you like sports? Maybe you can find a friendly team you can join to start making friends, small steps.

1 Heart

The site points out when people come back after years, anyway, welcome back!

1 Heart

Do they store information still on the big floppy disk? If so i have an AOL 1.0 with free 5 hours of free internet service… :slight_smile:

Gosh, my masters thesis is on a floppy, them were the days.

1 Heart

I would do anything to go back to the 1990’s and early 2000’s… i am waiting. Do you remember when computers were starting up. Radioshack, Kmart, circuit city…