Drifting apart from old friends really sucks

I was catching up with a group of friends I haven’t seen since high school a few days ago and none of them really even talked to me. I was closer to a few of them than the others but they were all talking to each other, some more than others, but still. They only asked me how I was doing and that was about it. We were pretty close in high school, kept in contact after high school occasionally but I had to reach out first most of the time for them to respond. It just really sucks. Some of them said they also hadn’t seen the others since high school but they were all getting along just fine. A few of them have changed a lot since I last saw them. These were in my close group of friends and it kinda surprised me that they didn’t even really wanna talk to me anymore.

1 Heart

Were they actively ignoring you or was it just a chill get together where people were just chilling and talking about holiday stuff?

They were all talking together and none of them bothered to ask or include me in their conversations. I don’t think they were actively ignoring me but they didn’t really bother talking to me and it just made me feel awkward.

As an adult, I have found that if you don’t actively participate, people just assume you want to listen and not talk, it is a weird dynamic.