Failing at this year

This year I was diagnosed with bipolar 2 disorder. I thought I was over the flirty phase so I got married in October to a wonderful man. However this past weekend I failed as a wife, I flirted with one of his coworkers and almost slept with him due to us both being intoxicated. I know what I did was wrong and I am still working on that part of me. Does anyone have any suggestions on how to bring back the trust and how I can be not so flirty towards other people when I feel lonely etc?

To bring back the trust you should consider telling your husband. Make a plan for what you can do when you’re “feeling lonely.” Call your spouse/friend/parent; paint, garden, go out with a friend. There are so many ways you can spend time without jeopardizing your marriage.

You do need to tell him. Dipping in the company ink is a special betrayal. Does he have to see this person? Work with them?

Even though this is a little older I thought it warranted a reply.

Almost sleeping with someone and flirting is NOT sleeping with someone, then having no remorse and covering it up the best you can. The fact that you have real remorse about what you did is a good sign, regardless of the details of the flirting.

As for trust, I’m not sure if you distrust yourself now, or have told your husband about what happened. But either way, it can take time. I just wanted to say that your moral compass seems intact, and that should help guide you either way.

From Mood Disorders to Bipolar Disorder