Getting to know people

HEY GUYS HOWS THINGS GOING. I`M STRUGGLING WITH GETTING TO KNOW NEW PEOPLE. IS THERE ANY ADVICE ON HOW SHOULD GO ABOUT OPENING MYSELF UP TO BE ABLE TO TRUST OTHERS AND NOT BE SO PARANOID ANXIOUS AND JUST OUTRIGHT HAVING LOW SELF -ESTEEM. ITS REALLY HARD AS I JUST DON`T KNOW WHAT BOUNDARIES TO SET. WHO TO TRUST AND WHO NOT TO. SO PLEASE LET ME HAVE WHAT YOU GUYS HAVE TO OFFER. THANKS

I have the sAme problem I used to say if I havent made friends with u by now then I don't need to. I realized posting here people will accept u if u open up it took me along time to find a place I could just talk . I liked drinking alone cause it is hard for me to hold a conversation that doesn't sound like an interrogation. In here I'm free just to speak. I plan on using this as a stepping stone to open up to people and create a new circle for myself where I can be comfortable with what is going on now and the future instead of dwelling in the past. I think by posting today ur taking the steps u need to make new friends. Good luck and keep us up to date with ur progress

i think that the number one thing to do is trust. you need to just go with the flow and let people in. have fun and try to be cool.

Three things have helped me...

1. Be around people and smile. A gentle "hello" to someone who passes me by keeps the smile on my face; even they do not respond.

2. Chivalry. This has started many conversations for me.

3. Most importantly, being myself with confidence.

I hope I was helpful.

The best way for me, I have learned is to take it slow- no one needs to or should know my life story up front, and no one needs me to take care of them, or be perfect for them. I also reassure myself a lot that things are going just fine.