Great day and a better tomorrow :)

Hey Everyone,
Today, I went to another appointment with my nurse and my nutritionist! Good news! I am stable with my weight and the nurse is extremely happy with me. She extended the time I see her to every 3 weeks instead of every 2 and also said once I get in with a therapist I will stop seeing her all together. As for the nutritionist, I also have extended the time I see her to ever 3 weeks!!! I am so happy!
The nurse did give me one task to do over break. To have butter with toast. I think I can do that :) And I got okay-ed to exercise more, though I don't always have the time.
Also the nutritionist gave me some papers for my body image! I love what it says! For example

1. think of your body as the vehicle to your dreams. honor it. respect it. fuel it.
2. Become aware of what your body can do each day. Remember it is the instrument of your life, not just an ornament.
3. Think about all the things you could accomplish with the time and energy you currently spend worrying about your body and appearance!

another paper for will power for improving your body image was given to me as well! Here is some to think about!

1. Twice a day, everyday, I WILL ask myself "Am I benefiting from focusing on what I believe are the flaws in my body weight or shape?"
2. I WILL think of three reasons why it is ridiculous for me to believe that thinner people are happier or better. I will repeat these reasons to myself whenever I feel the urge to compare my body shape to someone.
3. I WILL treat my body with respect and kindness. I will feed it, keep it active, and listen to its needs. I will remember that my body is the vehicle that will carry me to my dream!

To make this day even better, I found out that my classes on Friday are cancelled. So I am actually starting my thanksgiving break early and leaving to go to my boyfriends on Thursday night! I am so excited!

Thinking of all of you!!
allee

this is sooooooo amazingly awesome and i am soo going to print this out to help me! i have no tools at all to help me love/accept my body image whatsoever as i feel my therapist just doesnt quite help me enough with that at all so im left with my own self hatred and nothing to deal with that hatred!

now that post--now thats what im talking about! i so need things like this in my life---tools and ways to think of how i can apreciate my body even though now i did gain weight----and love it uncondtionally.

really i so need more tools like this as i am soo lacking coping skills for loving my body image. i just end up with severe hatred..

so thanks!

love
maureen

Maureen- I can message you the whole sheet if you like. Let me know :)

Allee.... I love this! Congrats on the progress!

allee, so happy for you! hope you realize that your therapists letting you go is an amazing sign, they trust and believe in you!!!

and thanks for sharing those steps. they seem hard but sound great :-)

stay happy and focused!
love
maedi

Thank you Maedi and BeeBee!

Yeah, I can't wait to get my therapist. I am waiting for my stupid insurance. Man I hate insurance companies! And I am just happy to soon be done with the whole being weighed thing. That was just a pain in my butt! haha.

I think I will post the rest of the tips up too. There are 30 all together, it was just a lot to type up
allee

you're a darling, allee, and i'm so glad to 'see' you so happy :-)

xxx